Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A real adventure!

Moving out of my home and staying with family and friends has left me with little time to consider journaling my travels. I've been to Yogaville a couple times. I highly recommend it as a retreat center. Incredibly peaceful and relaxing and you get spiritual practice to boot.

In the morning I'm beginning a drive to Topeka KS. I haven't travelled that far by car for 10 years. Looking forward more to arriving than traveling.

Pip, the dog, is accompanying me. So I'll be on the lookout for dog-friendly hotels. Motel 6 has been recommended to me. They are fairly priced and even have an app.

I'm leery of the iPhone Maps app. I was steered wrong to the obscure closed back gate of the local dump instead of the front gate. Not a type of mistake I'd like to repeat when trying to find a hotel at the end of the day.

I tried Waze but it didn't work. Took in addresses from my contacts list and then just sat there. And it has over 16,000 downloads with a good rating! I'm going to consult and then get a back-up app. Or maybe one with turn-by-turn voice. There's some for $.99 that look pretty good.

Hoping I get to sleep soon. Gonna try to drive for 8 hours tomorrow to get to a friend's house. After that I plan to cut back to 6 hours a day.

Gonna be a long day.

No comments: