Sunday, August 07, 2005

So far ...

This vacation has been really different from any vacation I have ever had. I am not going anywhere. I am just here at home.

Good: Saving a lot of money, no packing, no driving, no traveling, I know where all the services are.
Bad: No way to get away from the stuff that needs to be done around here.

The optimistic view: I can now get to those things that nag me to death when I'm working. I can be a tourist in my home town (I might even see the Edgar Allen Poe Museum).

I've removed 99% of the dog hair from all the floors. I've had two nice, long walks with Pip in the cool of the morning. I've visited two free city swimming pools. Big surprise: they are clean and full of nice people. Another surprise: the indoor pool was more crowded than the outdoor pool.

So, lovely, lovely discovery: free pools in town worth using.

Not considering the pessimistic view at this time. :-)

No comments: