Friday, August 12, 2005

Cool in the Pool

So far I've managed to walk early enough in the day to beat the heat 3 times while on vacation. I also went one evening. But for the last three days Pip the Dog has been laying around bleary eyed in the A/C while I take off to the pool. I've been to the city pools twice now. They aren't bad, although every time I went someone felt compelled to tell me at least once about the "Adult Swim" in the evenings. Why would I try to beat the heat in the evening when it's the afternoon that's killing me? So I calmly jumped in and then sat around after reading in the shade. Very relaxing. Have decided to sell house and buy one with outdoor pool closer. Ha ha. Today I checked out the Pocahontas State Park Pool and Aquatic Recreation Center (you can tell it's a government facility can't you). Very nice, but there's no shade. It's hard to believe that this park is barely a year old and already the bathrooms look like crap and the locks don't work. It's definitely worth the $3 entry fee and $6 swim fee if you have kids. However, it's a lot more satisfying to have a short drive to a pool and pay nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.