Thursday, December 07, 2006

nice but weird holidays

Those people are everywhere. On Match.com, on the streets of Richmond, at Target. They're all over. I'm good at recognizing them because I am one of them.

So, it's not going well and "girlfriend" suggested that I'm desperate, although if questioned I'm sure she would say, "No! No! I'm not saying you are. I'm just saying you shouldn't act as if." Uh huh.

For the record, I'm not desperate. Living alone is vastly under rated. Vastly.

I'm looking for something to do over the holidays. True I do have some things to do but I'm looking for that huge charge—that really big fun activity like staying at a resort in a sunny clime and using one day to hang at the day spa and have a massage, manicure, pedicure, etc. However, you don't find those kind of places for $200 for 4 days all-inclusive. Yes. I wish. On the other hand, since I'm not interested in paying for it, I must not really want it.

Great place to find discounted travel at the last minute: site 59. They have excellent deals on the Caribbean. For continguous 48 travel, however, Hotwire has more options and they clue you into the days when travel is the heaviest.

No comments: