Friday, May 21, 2004

Last night while doin laundry, Kathleen and I made of list of everything we need, We needed another sleeping bag, tarp and batteries. So we went out and got them at Walmart. What did I do before Walmart? Cursed a lot I think.

I printed out directions to Ocracoke from Rand-McNally. In the past, I have used Mapquest, but then they led me astray on my way to Maine. It's no fun to miss a turn and have to lose 30 minutes getting back on track.

I found good information on activities in and around Ocracoke at a realty site, ocracokeislandrealty. Amazing. I suppose it's to their advantage to let you know about the great stuff so they sell more real estate.

This evening I partially packed the car: a box of stuff like another tarp, shoes, insect repellent; my waist pack with first stuff in it; sleeping bags; tarp; tent; beach bag; chairs. Tomorrow clothes and food and the dog. The dog cover is on the back seat. The doggie harness waits in place.

I'm stopping by Mom's on the way back to have lunch. I was going to borrow her sun umbrella but she only has a small clip on. I almost spent $30 on a gazebo tent last night. I hate to get something I'll only use once.

So, pretty much, except for balancing the checkbook, I'm ready. I'm getting out the camera now so I don't forget it.

No comments: